Monday 1 August 2011

PPL Revision

The last couple of weeks have been pretty slow for me flying wise- in the last three and a half weeks I've logged 6 flights. Before my PPL flight test I have to complete at least 2 hours of Mountain Flying as part of the required 5 hours 'Terrain Awareness' that is compulsory as of July 1st. I've been booked a number of times but due to a number of reasons (mostly weather) I haven't yet done it. Conditions today were perfect but as luck would have it there were no qualified instructors available.

Because of this, I ended up flying out to the West training area for some solo revision for my test. I used the Darfield North training area, which is stretches as far as Darfield to the south, Sheffield to the north and the Waimakariri River to the east.

1 comment: