Monday 5 September 2011

PPL Cross Countries

Since sitting my PPL I've been cruising around Canterbury getting my PPL Cross Countries done- it's been awesome weather so I've got them all done in about a week. I did 5 in total - 2 duals and 3 solos which have taken to a few not-so-exotic places, going as far north as Parnassus and as far south as Timaru. All but one I did in the Cherokee 140s, the other being in ZK-LJF, a fairly new Piper Warrior with an Avidyne glass cockpit. I flew LJF so I could take a couple of mates along for the ride, but it worked out well as I'll be doing a type rating in the glass Warriors for CPL cross countries as they're a bit more comfortable for longer journeys. Here are a few pics I've snapped along the way, once again not in great quality thanks to my iPod camera.

Flying over NZCH before landing:

Photobucket

ZK-LJF at Ashburton

Photobucket

The modern glass cockpit in LJF

Photobucket

Holding short of the seal runway at NZCH

Photobucket

Methven with Mt Hutt in the background after a fresh coating of snow the night before

Photobucket

Heading up through the mountains in a Cherokee 140

Photobucket

The mouth of the Rangitata River

Photobucket

Not bad considering we plan for a 90kt cruise in the 140s!

Photobucket

1 comment: