Monday 17 October 2011

CPL Cross Countries

As usual it's been a while, so a few things have happened since my last post - I've received my PPL in the mail and have got ratings in the PA28- 161 (Warrior), 181 (Archer) and -200R (Arrow). I fly the Arrow on dual cross countries (and the odd solo) while generally flying Warriors on solos. This can vary however due to aircraft availability etc meaning I have flown solo cross countries in an Archer, a Cherokee 140 and even the Arrow while I have yet to take a Warrior on one - every day I have been booked in a Warrior the weather hasn't been good enough to go flying.

I've completed two dual cross countries in the Arrow, both to the West Coast meaning I got to fly to exotic destinations like Westport, Hokitika and Karamea. The extra speed of the Arrow (it cruises at around 140kts TAS) means that I can fly further in a morning booking. For example, the last dual I flew was over 600km yet we did the whole thing in about 3.4 hours flying time. Here are a few pics I've taken on the two duals I've done:

Heading to Westport at 9500' in Arrow ZK-DUY:




On descent into Westport, with a decent descent rate and resulting groundspeed:


The Arrow on the ground at Westport:


 I'll upload some more pics from solos once I've done a few more. The weather has been pretty bad recently meaning I've been doing one or two flights a week so here's hoping it improves soon.

1 comment: